Highland Medical, Highland Surgical Associates
1 Crosfield Avenue, Suite 105
West Nyack, NY 10994
Aleksandr Rakhlin, MD, FACS
Dr. Rakhlin is a respected board certified laparoscopic and robotic surgeon and minimally invasive surgical specialist. He practices with Highland Surgical Associates in West Nyack, NY.
Dr. Rakhlin earned his medical doctorate from the University at Buffalo School of Medicine. He completed his General Surgery Residency and Chief Residency at New York Medical College, Westchester Medical Center. In addition, he completed a Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship at the New York Institute of Laparoscopy, New York Medical College.
Additionally, Dr. Rakhlin is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and was an Instructor in Surgery at New York Medical College, Department of Surgery. Dr. Rakhlin speaks Russian. In his spare time he enjoys playing classical guitar, woodworking and travel. He has presented research on the following topics:
- The Impact and Efficacy of Blood Transfusions on Oxygen Delivery and Consumption in Critically Ill Patients
- A Structured Approach to Evaluation of Trauma Resuscitations
- Inadvertent Placement of Large-Caliber Cannulas in an Artery during Catheterization of the Jugular Vein: Diagnostic Clues and Optimum Management
- Adrenal Cortical Insufficiency is Not Observed on Critically Ill Surgical Patients Not on Pressors
- Role of Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for previously failed bariatric conditions – lessons learned in 11 cases
- Safety and Efficacy of Bariatric Surgery in Patients >65 y/o in a Single-Institution Experience
- Novel Approach to SMA Syndrome After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Approach to Right-Sided Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair